Bosan Surfing? Download Toolbar & Dengar Radio....

Banyak radio untuk didengar dari seluruh dunia. Download toolbar ini...
toolbar powered by Conduit

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Brunei Folk Song

Next month I'll be in Sabah again...

So suddenly I remember this Brunei song, which always sung by me during my childhood, doesn't matter which part they coming from - Brunei, Bongawan, Papar, Beaufort, Kuala Penyu, etc...I am not sure whether nowadays, Brunei children still sing this song...I also not so sure the title, but during my childhood, we called it "Lagu Oi Kanak-kanak"...here are the lyrics :

Oi kanak-kanak,
apa kamu bawa,
talur dua biji,
minta ku sabiji,

Marah karang nini,
Ke mana nini mu,
Mengambil daun,
Kandiapa daun,
Membuat balai,
Kandiapa balai,

Jalan beaum-aum,
Ambuyat semangkuk agung

Hmm...frankly, this song is a funny song actually. But I do not know the meaning of 'beraum-aum'.

Ambuyat is one kind of foods made from sago log. When it was processed, its look like a glue, in fact old folk used it as an alternative glue.

Ok, let me translate in english..

Oi children,
What are you carrying,
Two eggs,
Please give me one,

Grandma will mad/angry,
Where is your grandma?
Looking for leaf,
What the leaf used for?
To built hall,
What the hall built for?

A place for 'beraum-aum' (sorry guys, I do not know the meaning)
Ambuyat in a big plate!

Till now I do not know the topic behind this song, or maybe just an entertainment to our old folks. Not so sure...

No comments: